What happens on the first day
All students should arrive at school between 8:30 am and 8:40 am. There will be staff at the main school entrance to direct Year 7 students into the main hall.
- Go on a tour of the school with their form tutor.
- Receive their timetable and homework planner.
- Read through their planner.
- Get to know their tutor and other members of the tutor group.
- Take part in a sport session (trainers will be needed).
The School Day
|Normal day timetable (1-hour lessons)|
|8.45am - 9.00am||Registration / Tutor time|
|9.00am - 10.00am||Lesson 1|
|10.00am - 11.00am||Lesson 2|
|11.00am - 11.30am||Break|
|11.30am - 12.30pm||Lesson 3|
|12.30pm - 1.30pm||Lesson 4|
|1.30pm - 2.10pm||Lunch|
|2.10pm - 3.10pm||Lesson 5|
At John O’Gaunt School, we run a two week timetable - Week A and Week B. In September, we always start on Week A.
The school day starts promptly at 8.45am. Each student should be at their tutor room by 8.40am ready for the register to be taken by their form tutor.